Friday, November 4, 2011

Sometimes I Forget to Pee...

Tonight I was preparing dinner (this by itself may be a sign of the coming Apocalypse) and I was stricken by an incredible urge to pee.  I mean it was bad, I had to perform a pee pee dance that probably looked roughly like an epileptic seizure (I apologize to my epileptic friends).  After I finally made it to the porcelain throne it occurred to me that it was 8:55 pm and that was the first time that I had gone all day.   Which brings me to the point...

I lose myself and things that used to be priorities like preparing meals, doing laundry, cleaning house, exercise, manicures, haircuts and shaving my legs seem to have faded into absentia and are now luxuries that I can't seem to afford with my time.  I forget to take care of myself.  Exhibit A it is 1:01 in the morning and I am winding down by typing.  I have been doing laundry, preparing some items for Nutcracker and getting ready for tomorrow's first big competition.

I need to go to bed, but adrenaline seems to be coursing through my veins...(if only it was flowing at 5:30 am when the gym opens).  At this hour, I am surfing, "facebooking" and now blogging.  All of these activities seem to be in some make shape or form about ballet.  This really can't be the sign of a sane individual--but, if you saw me....you would swear I was normal.

This is a short one, hopefully it made you giggle (self deprecation is always good for a laugh), but it is time for me to go to bed, charge my battery for another amazing day at the barre.  If only that were truly a misspelled word.

1 comment: